across browser sessions

Home > Forum > Announcements > HAVE YOUR SAY > the world cup

Forum

the world cup
    Started November 2, 2011 @ 1:16pm by j.o.rees
    Post Message 
    j.o.rees

the world cupNovember 2, 2011 @ 1:16pm
    I did so enjoy much of the world cup,particularly ,in my case, the performance of the welsh team throughout the competition. Shame that so many quality games were lost by poor kicking.
    It was so sad to see the failure of the english team to light up the tournament.Several players and indeed coaches ,were beyond their sell by date.!!
    I am glad that the Blacks won,albeit with some help from the ref --and was so interested to note that Rougerie got Ma Nonu down in secionds every time, and this certainly upset the N.Z as he had, up until then, gone through the opposition without challenge. The french, in my oppinion had the finest lines out jumping and throwing team in the contest.The props steadied the ship, and the back row were absolutely superb,both as a unit and individually.
    The six nations should be a classic as all the teams will have something to prove, but in very different ways[[email][/email]

Last Edit: November 2, 2011 @ 1:20pm by j.o.rees
    tommartland

The World CupNovember 8, 2011 @ 2:57pm
    Sorry, John, but I disagree with your view that the World Cup was enjoyable to watch. Yes, Wales,Ireland,at times, and France in the final ,did try to play some rugby. The rest was an aimless, overcoached waste of time and not really worth early morning viewing. Many sides, notably England, were lost when penalties went astray since they usually rely on about half a dozen per match. Who fiddled with the balls ?
    Nothing new came out of the competition and I shall not look forward to the next one with any enthusiasm. Bring on the Olympics and some fresh sporting viewing. Tom Martland

Post Message 

Calendar
    September 2018
    S
    M
    T
    W
    T
    F
    S
    View Full Calendar